Adventures in Brewing

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New System- Part 1

So my new system build is underway. This system will be a two tier system instead of a three. This way I can brew in my enclosed front porch and leave the bulk of my system there even when I'm not brewing.

Pictured below is the frame of the system. It is built in two pieces. The lower tier holds the Mash/Lauter Tun(MLT) and the Boil Kettle. The upper tier holds the Hot Liquor Tank(HLT). The two tiers bolt together to maintain one single piece during brewing, yet can break down easily for transport if needed.

There are two 10 inch diameter banjo burners attached underneath the boil kettle and HLT. There is a chugger pump attached next to the connection between the tiers.

Coming up next will be the keg conversion.





No comments:

Post a Comment