Adventures in Brewing

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pepperalia (10 Gallon Batch)

This was the third beer of the day. This beer I did previously and it was a recipe that Randy and I did last minute a while back. We had already done multiple batches that day and went to the home brew store and just started picking out grain. Then we added fresh pepperoncinis from my backyard and it ended up being my most favorite home brew I have ever done.

This time I decided I would do a very similar recipe. I used the same grains, different hops which I had on hand, and switched to Jalepenos instead of pepperoncinis.

Ingredients-

Grain:
20 lbs 2 Row
4 lbs Honey Malt
2 lbs Crystal 60L
2 lbs ESB Malt
2 lbs Vienna Malt

Hops:
2.0 oz CTZ @ 60
1.0 oz Cascade @ 30
1.0 oz Cascade @ 15

Jalepenos:
4 Whole Jalepenos @ 45
1 Broken Jalepenos @ 45

Yeast: 1/2 with Safale-04 English Ale, 1/2 with Safbrew T-58 Spicey/Peppery yeast

OG: I forgot to take on OG on this one but most of the other brew this day were pretty close to target. Target was 1.070 so probably somewhere around there.

No comments:

Post a Comment