Adventures in Brewing

Friday, January 6, 2012

New System- Part 2.0

Keg conversion- Part 1

So last night I was able to drill holes and install the bulkheads and ballvalves into the kegs. They are now ready to brew with if need be, but they still need a couple of things.

My thermometers for the HLT and MLT are on the way and hopefully they will show up today. If they do I will install them tonight for Keg conversion Part 2. I really hope they do show up today so they will be ready for brewing tomorrow. Otherwise I will have to reach inside the kegs to see my temps.

After that the only thing left for the kegs will be a good polishing. That will be Keg conversion Part 3. This isn't necessary but I enjoy that type of work and the look it produces.

The next and most likely final portion of my new system build will be the construction and testing of my RIMS system. Some of the parts have already arrived, I am just waiting on a few electrical components for the build.

Below is the pic of my current progress....

No comments:

Post a Comment