Adventures in Brewing

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Counter Flow Chiller

So I decided to take my existing Immersion Chiller that I got with my first kit and turn it into a CFC (Counter Flow Chiller). Here are all the necessary pieces of equipment that I gathered before I started on the project.

















After having all the materials I tried to push the hose on around the immersion chiller while it was still coiled. I wanted to do this so it would like nice and clean and perfectly coiled on my finished project. Well, that didn't work out so well. Surprisingly I was able to get about half of it on but there ended up being too much friction and I had to straighten the whole things out to get the hose on. Even with it fully straightened it was difficult. Norman really wanted to help.

















Here is what One of the ends looks like when it is completed. The other end does not bend the 3/8 copper. I bent this end so I could easily drain it into my fermenter. I had it outside and leak tested it. Everything works great with no leaks.
















Here is a pic of the whole thing put together. The only parts that are not on here in this pic is the hook up between the boil kettle and the 3/8 copper, as well as the drain hose for the outer tube.



No comments:

Post a Comment