Adventures in Brewing

Friday, February 18, 2011

All Systems Go

So I was able to spend a little time and get the Burner attachments painted and set. Here is one of the small burners under the HLT.
















I shortened the lenght of the attachments holding the Big Daddy Banjo. It was sitting a little far away from the kettle. I think its perfect now, or at least I hope its perfect.

















Here is the system all put together with straps holding the kettles on and high temp tubing running from one kettle to the next.





















I can brew now but would like to get a couple of things added in the future as I have cash available. Might be kind of hard though with a baby on the way. (thats right, Steph is pregnant with our first child if you hadn't heard)

First I need some weldless thermometers, especially for the Mash/Lauter Tun and the Hot Liquor Tank. I would like one for the brew kettle as well but it seems less important. I also at some point need to get and install some casters. It will be nice to be able to roll the system around, but mainly I just need to raise the height a few inches. When we originally designed the system I didn't think the bottom burner would be that big or sit that low. The last thing I would really like to install is sight glasses. But for now I took some extra pipe I had laying around and filled a keg one gallon at a time and made a mark where each gallon was at. Now I can just fill with a hose until it hits the right line.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the kiddo! See you tonight I hope. The tree is lookin good!

    ReplyDelete