Adventures in Brewing

Friday, September 23, 2011

Keezer

So I finally got to working on the Keezer. It was amazing that I was able to get it done the same week as my son Calvin was born. Just goes to show how awesome my wife is.

Basically I built the collar with 2X6's for the main run and 4X6's for the corners. I built it with a gap in the middle and 1X8's on the inside so it drops into the freezer. Then I caulked the cracks to seal it up, used spray foam insulation, let it dry and then cut off the excess. After that I capped it with 1x6's, used a table saw to cut the caps to size with just a little over hang on the front and used a router to make it flush before sanding it smooth. After staining and sealing the wood I lined up and installed the lid and plugged it into the johnson control after programming it to the correct temps.

I have installed one tap so far and will work on the other two that I already own when I have time, and get the last five in when I have money for them. When all is said and done there will be eight taps ready to go.


UPDATE 26SEP2011: I got the other two taps installed. Now I just need to devise a plan to get enough extra money for five more.














No comments:

Post a Comment