Adventures in Brewing

Monday, May 7, 2012

IPA

 Ingredients-

Grain:
12 lbs 2 Row
1 lb Munich
1 lb Crystal 40L

Hops:
A lot of cascade and some nugget for bittering. I have no idea on the amounts.

Yeast: Wyeast 1056 American Ale (Brand new packet)

OG: 1.058

05MAY2012: This was done at BigBrew held on National Home Brew Day. It was really fun and there were a lot of people out. It's nice to have so many brewers together and to see all the cool system designs.
As far as my brewing for the day, things didn't go so well. Ended up with a stuck mash again and realized my new false bottom I had constructed was not very good. I ended up running to Ace, getting some supplies and building a new one on the fly. After that things went better but because of all the headache my efficiency on both brews was way down.

The picture here was actually early in the day and barely had anybody in it. The place was way more crowded later on and the other half of the parking lot not pictured was filled as well.


12MAY2012: Gravity down to 1.006 for an ABV of 6.5%. Transferred to keg and currently carbing.

15MAY2012: Carbed and pouring, had a glass this evening. Refreshingly citrus taste, smooth and easy drinking.  It tastes really good but I don't even know how to describe it. Even my wife likes it (she usually hates IPA's)

No comments:

Post a Comment