Adventures in Brewing

Friday, February 24, 2012

Hoptastical IPA

Second brew day on my new system. Only doing one 5 gallon batch this time.

Ingredients-

Grain:
17 lbs American 2 Row
2 lbs Crystal 20L
2 lbs ESB Malt

Hops:
2.0 oz Nugget @ 60 (pellet)
8.2 oz Mystery @ 25 (this stuff is wet, therefore the huge weight)
1.5 oz Cascade @ 5
1.3 oz Cascade @ Dry hop
4.1 oz Mt Hood @ Dry hop

Whirfloc @ 10

Yeast: Safale-04 English Ale (slurry)

OG: 1.074

24FEB2012- Everything went pretty well. I was able to get my quick disconnects in this week and set everything up which made things a lot easier. Also, I was able to brew in my enclosed front porch, which made everything easier as well. This was especially true of set-up and clean-up. I'm really excited about how things went and glad to have done only one batch in a day. I moved my pump down and flipped it over as I was having some problems with cavitation last time I brewed. I read that those pumps are designed to have the motor downwards and it worked a lot better this round.

03MAR2012- Down to 1.024, transferred to the keg. 6.7% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment